skip to main content

Earth Day: Show Some Love

Every day it seems there’s another news story about the deteriorating state of the environment. Global warming, forest fires, plastic in the ocean… it can feel like a daunting task to overcome. At Franklin Planner, we want to make sure we’re doing our part and help others feel capable of doing theirs.

What We’re Doing

All of our planner paper needs are fulfilled by Domtar. 72% of the energy they use in their pulp and paper mills comes from renewable biomass fuels, mostly self-generated from wood processing and pulping by-products. Domtar also makes sure their water consumption isn’t wasteful. In fact, 90% of the water they use is returned to the watershed that it came from. The other 10% either stays in the product or is returned to the atmosphere through evaporation. At Franklin, each planner uses 30% post consumer recycled paper, and they’re all recyclable.

What You Can Do

In addition to choosing a Franklin Planner, there are many small things you can do every day to slow your consumption. For example; don’t leave the water running while brushing your teeth, turn off the lights when you leave a room, and invest in a reusable water bottle or thermos to bring your drink with you – instead of a one-time-use plastic one. You can also switch your light bulbs from traditional incandescent bulbs to compact fluorescent or LED. Not only will these ideas help the earth, they’ll also save you money!

With everyone doing their part, we can reduce our carbon footprint and combat climate change.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

For questions or assistance, call: 800.654.1776 (USA) | 866.742.2487 (Canada) | 0808-101-7362 (UK) | 612.8311.3610 (AU)
7:00 AM - 5:30 PM MDT Monday - Friday
© 2021 Franklin Planner Corp. FranklinCovey is a registered trademark of FranklinCovey Co. Used by permission.