Never heard of a Twofer?
It is defined by Merriam-Webster as “something that satisfies two criteria or needs simultaneously.” Um…what’s better than that! This holiday season consider gifting a twofer with organization in mind. Bath salts and soap gift baskets are nice, but how many have you received that have gone unused and sit in the back of your linen closet, just taking up space? Here are some practical and reusable gift ideas for some of the people in your life that they are sure to love:
For the Bookworm:
- Give a stair basket filled with things to keep warm in the winter – like cozy winter socks and a bestselling book. Afterwards it can be used to help bring items from upstairs to downstairs and back up again!
For the Fashionista:
- Find a nice jewelry display or holder for necklaces, bracelets or earrings and surprise them with a piece already on it or tucked inside!
For the Foodie:
- Make homemade presents like filling a jar with cookie ingredients. The jar can be used afterwards to hold the extra buttons that come with your clothing, or in the laundry room for items pulled out of pockets before washing! Remember that whoever does the laundry gets to keep the money!
- Head to a pottery painting store and work your magic on a serving bowl, adding some nice seasonal fruits onto it.
For the Gaming Enthusiast:
- Find an inexpensive storage ottoman and fill it with a couple of the hottest new games. They can keep all their gear and games inside and then have an extra seat!
For the Hobbyist:
- Give a gift certificate to a store where they can buy items to pursue a passion. Put that and a few small supplies in a multi-drawer plastic bin for the crafter on your list. Or for the fix it guy or gal, put a gift card and a few tools in a tool box.
If all else fails and you are not sure what to get someone, give a gift card to a restaurant. The twofer here can be the leftovers in a box, which you can reuse for leftovers at home!